DISCOVER A trip less ordinary
Non-competitive and competitive cycle travel insurance designed for peace-of-mind travel, allowing you to explore further or race harder.
Choose your cover level and let your adventures begin.
Why Bikmo for your Travel insurance?
Travel insurance FAQs
Whenever you travel abroad, there are certain scenarios that you may require cover for, such as:
- Travel delays & cancellations
- Lost baggage, passport & money
- Medical treatment & hospital stays
You may also be considering taking part in adventurous activities that are more risky than just relaxing by the pool, such as:
- Hill walking
With a Bikmo Travel Insurance policy, should something happen and you require medical treatment after taking part in an included activity, then you would be covered for associated medical costs up to the insured value.
Now, if you were to take your own bike with you on holiday, this is where the Bikmo Cycle Insurance policy provides cover.
If you were to have a fall on a tricky descent and you damaged your wheels, shifters, saddle, shorts and helmet, you would have the following cover:
- Accidental damage to the bike
- Accidental damage to clothing
- Alternative cycle hire
Provided your road rash isn’t too sore, this would allow you to hire a bike to continue exploring, and then claim for damage to your own bike & kit when you return.Bikmo Cycle Insurance
In addition to the travel-related benefits, depending on the type of riding you’re taking part in will depend on the cover you need.
Racing your bike is much higher risk than a leisurely ride to explore your resort or an MTB ride along the coastal path, which is why we have a policy available for both
So, to ensure that you have the cover you need for the level of adventurous cycling activity you’re planning, here’s which cycling activities are covered.
Non-competitive Bikmo Travel policy
- Cycling – No competitions or racing (helmet required)
- Mountain Biking – No competitions or racing (helmet required), up to 2,500m above sea level
Competitive Bikmo Travel policy
- Cycling – Road, TT and track competitions & races
- Cyclocross – Racing
- Triathlon (inc Ironman)
- Mountain Biking – Competitions & races on designated tracks. Up to 5,380m above sea level
- BMX – Racing and training