Bikmo is stoked to confirm we have launched a new Deliveroo insurance policy specifically for Deliveroo couriers and exclusively available to them through Perkbox, the online perks platform.
In a recent survey of UK riders, 75% agreed that they would like greater security when working with Deliveroo, but not at the expense of flexibility. Thanks to our new Deliveroo insurance solution, all Deliveroo riders can now purchase sickness and accident cover, from their first delivery, at a cost of £1.85 per week. Other Bikmo Deliveroo insurance policy benefits include:
- £2m public liability for cycle couriers
- 75% of average weekly income for up to 6 months if illness or injury prevents you from working
- Up to £2,500 in annual medical expenses cover
- £1,500 annual cover for an overnight hospital stays, and up to £750 for family members to accompany them during their stay
- Up to £2,000 for dental repair
- 20 days of jury service cover up to a total of £700
- Up to £200 phone cover if damaged during an injury causing accident
Full details of Bikmo’s Deliveroo insurance policy benefits and terms, which are underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd and Canopius, can be found via Deliveroo riders’ Perkbox account.
Bikmo’s CEO David George, commented: “Whether our customers ride to live, or live to ride, our role is simply to give people support and assurance we have got their backs so they can get out there and get the most out of work and play. As the fastest growing cycle insurer, we’re stoked to be supporting riders on their mission with the fastest growing on-demand food provider.”
Dan Warne, Deliveroo Managing Director UK&IE, added: This new insurance gives riders security in the event of an injury while maintaining the flexible work they value.”
Chieu Cao, CMO and Co-Founder at Perkbox commented: “As new economies and labour markets flourish, it is important that those in the on-demand economy and their families have access to the protection and security they deserve.”
– Release ends –